Cathy Hughes, born Catherine Elizabeth Woods in Omaha, Nebraska on April 22, 1947, is an African-American entrepreneur, radio and television personality and business executive. Hughes founded the media company Radio One and later expanded into TV One , the company went public in 1998, making Hughes the first and only African-American female to head a publicly traded corporation at the time.
- Mary J. Blige Is Really Living Drama-Free Now That She’s Cleared Her $900K Tax Debt
- Chris Rock Pulls No Punches At 2014 BET Awards [VIDEO]
- Bobbi Kristina Kind Of Apologizes For Angela Bassett Insults
- Rest In Peace: Legendary Soul Singer Bobby Womack Dead At 70
- Solange Engaged To 51-Year-Old Video Producer
- Sherri Shepherd Announces She Is Exiting ‘The View’