“The Amazing Spider-Man” is spinning box-office gold in the U.S. and abroad, rolling up an estimated $341.2 million worldwide since opening. “Spider-Man” took in $65 million over the weekend, giving it $140 million for the 6-day holiday frame in North America and relaunching the franchise with a bang. The movie cost $230 million to produce and had to ensnare audiences with a fresh approach to a familiar franchise. Sony’s decision to change the leads to Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone, and the director to Marc Webb, resonated with audiences. Click here for more.
- TOP OF THE MORNING: Live From The 2014 #AllstateTomJoynerFamilyReunion, Too Close To God To Mess With
- Phaedra Parks Talks Micropenises: Would You Ever Date A Man With One? [POLL]
- Texas Nurse Amber Vinson Is Ebola-Free!
- Let It Go: ‘Atlanta Exes’ Star Monyetta Shaw Wants The Public To Forgive Ne-Yo
- Soul Train Awards 2014 Nominees: Chris Brown, Beyonce + Pharrell Lead The Pack
- Lisa Price On Carol’s Daughter Selling Out: ‘Everyone Is Entitled To Their Own Opinion’