“The Amazing Spider-Man” is spinning box-office gold in the U.S. and abroad, rolling up an estimated $341.2 million worldwide since opening. “Spider-Man” took in $65 million over the weekend, giving it $140 million for the 6-day holiday frame in North America and relaunching the franchise with a bang. The movie cost $230 million to produce and had to ensnare audiences with a fresh approach to a familiar franchise. Sony’s decision to change the leads to Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone, and the director to Marc Webb, resonated with audiences. Click here for more.
- Mary J. Blige Is Really Living Drama-Free Now That She’s Cleared Her $900K Tax Debt
- Chris Rock Pulls No Punches At 2014 BET Awards [VIDEO]
- Bobbi Kristina Kind Of Apologizes For Angela Bassett Insults
- Rest In Peace: Legendary Soul Singer Bobby Womack Dead At 70
- Solange Engaged To 51-Year-Old Video Producer
- Sherri Shepherd Announces She Is Exiting ‘The View’