Despite its festive title, Salim Akil’s “Sparkle” comes to theaters shaded by sadness. We all know that this represents the last performance from Whitney Houston, who died three months after filming her role. There’s no denying that the picture’s off-screen history gives it an import it would otherwise lack. But a strong cast, empathetic direction and memorable soundtrack help create a movie that does everyone proud. Click here for more.
- 90’s Stars Attack: Sisqo + Kyle From Jagged Edge Fight
- Suge Knight Shot Six Times At Chris Brown’s Pre-VMA Party
- RHOA Drama: Phaedra Parks To Divorce Her Imprisoned Hubby Apollo Nida
- The Daily Show’s Jon Stewart Drags Fox News For Their Ferguson Reporting [VIDEO]
- Let It Go: ‘Atlanta Exes’ Star Monyetta Shaw Wants The Public To Forgive Ne-Yo
- Ray Rice Finally Breaks His Silence