Despite its festive title, Salim Akil’s “Sparkle” comes to theaters shaded by sadness. We all know that this represents the last performance from Whitney Houston, who died three months after filming her role. There’s no denying that the picture’s off-screen history gives it an import it would otherwise lack. But a strong cast, empathetic direction and memorable soundtrack help create a movie that does everyone proud. Click here for more.
- TOP OF THE MORNING: Live From The 2014 #AllstateTomJoynerFamilyReunion, Too Close To God To Mess With
- Phaedra Parks Talks Micropenises: Would You Ever Date A Man With One? [POLL]
- Texas Nurse Amber Vinson Is Ebola-Free!
- Let It Go: ‘Atlanta Exes’ Star Monyetta Shaw Wants The Public To Forgive Ne-Yo
- Soul Train Awards 2014 Nominees: Chris Brown, Beyonce + Pharrell Lead The Pack
- Lisa Price On Carol’s Daughter Selling Out: ‘Everyone Is Entitled To Their Own Opinion’