Even though Barack Obama decisively won re-election last week, there have been a few, let’s just say, “disgruntled” voters that have done some pretty outlandish things to protest our President’s second term in office. Here, NewsOne spotlights 10 Republican meltdowns that had us
scratching shaking our heads.
1) Albert Peterson (pictured), a wealthy Washington, D.C., defense contractor, couldn’t even wait for the elections to take place. In fact, he was so distraught over the prospect of Obama possibly winning his presidential bid that he shot and killed his wife, Kathleen (pictured); two young sons, Christopher, 13, and Matthew, 16; then took his own life. Peterson was obsessed about politics and would send daily e-mails to friends and family about its climate. In addition to losing a dear uncle, the 48-year-old man was reportedly driven in to depression at the thought of Obama winning a second term. Ironically, both his father and an uncle committed suicide in past years, with Peterson making an unsuccessful attempt at taking his own life five years ago. Friends and family concur that Obama’s potential win pushed Peterson over an edge that he had been teetering from for quite a while.
Watch the Peterson murders here:
2) Holly Solomon (pictured) was so incensed that Obama was, yet again, elected president that she took out her ire on her poor husband, Daniel. Since her husband failed to vote, Holly blamed him for what she thought was a calamitous result, Obama’s re-election. So instead of balling Daniel out, Holly ran and did the next best thing: try to run him over with her Jeep! The 28-year-old woman believed that her family would continue to suffer hardship due to Obama’s policies, spurring her to chase her husband around a retail store parking lot. When the miffed wife finally did plow Daniel down, the end result for him was a fractured pelvis, torn artery, and possible permanent disfigurement. Solomon was arrested and charged with domestic violence and aggravated assault.
3) Donald Trump (pictured) certainly showed the world how really juvenile he can be, when he went on a Twitter tirade upon learning that Obama would occupy the Oval Office again. The sore billionaire loser with the offensive comb over incessantly whined about how the election was a “total sham and a travesty…. We are not a democracy!” But do you think “The Don” hung out with failed GOP presidential contender Mitt Romney and his crew after the election? NOT! Supposedly, “Trump does not like to be associated with failure.” Well, karma is a be-atch and now Obama’s controversial critic is getting his just desserts! There is a petition through the site signon.org that urges Macy‘s to dump Trump and his branded goods from their advertisements and stores. Thus far, more than 607,000 people have signed the petition, with the million mark being not that far away. The petition, which was organized by attorney Angelo Carusone, has been signed by such A-listers, such as the singer/actress Cher, who grew tired of Trump’s political bellyaching and racism against the president. “Where’s my pen!”
4) Eric Dondero (pictured), a well-known political blogger at the Libertarian Republican has vowed to banish all of the Democrats he knows in his life, including family members. The day after the Obama won, the conservative wrote:
Starting early this morning, I am going to un-friend every single individual on Facebook who voted for Obama, or I even suspect may have Democrat leanings. I will do the same in person. All family and friends, even close family and friends, who I know to be Democrats are hereby dead to me. I vow never to speak to them again for the rest of my life, or have any communications with them. They are in short, the enemies of liberty. They deserve nothing less than hatred and utter contempt.”
Wow, talk about sore LOSERS!!!
5) Henry Hamilton, 64, was sickened by the election results after learning that President Obama would reign over these United States again. The Florida tanning salon owner allegedly took his own life after telling his partner two days post-election that he would not live to see Obama win a second term. When authorities found Hamilton’s body, they stumbled upon two empty prescription pill bottles, along with a copy of his will and the cryptic words “F**k Obama!”